Constipation is the most common form of digestive problem that people suffer from. It may also be the cause of various other diseases, as it creates toxins in the body which can mix with the blood stream causing Appendicitis, rheumatism, Hemorrhoids, high blood pressure, cataract, Varicose Vein, indigestion, Bad Breath, Headaches and Body Odor. If this toxin is produced for a long period of time it can even cause colon and colorectal cancer.
Although it can happen to any one, it is more common among women and people over the age of 65. It is also common for it to occur during pregnancy, after childbirth and after surgery. It can also occur as a side effect for various medications.
There can be many different causes for constipation, and most of them involve poor dietary habit.
- A lack of fiber.
- Lack of fluid intakes.
- Drinking ice cold drinks, as it reduces the digestive process.
- Certain types of laxatives can in fact cause more problems by killing friendly intestinal bacteria, getting rid of vitamins and reducing nutrients absorption.
- Side effects to various medications.
- Metabolic diseases.
- Exposure to toxic materials, such as pesticides, insecticides and heavy metals.
- Too much calcium in supplemental form.
- Too much iron in the diet.
- Poor liver function.
- Lack of certain digestive enzymes, which usually occurs with aging.
- Lack of minerals.
- Lack of certain types of fat.
- Food allergies.
- Lack of physical activities.
Once you’ve isolated which of these causes of constipation is most relevant to you then it’s probably time to look for one of many remedies for constipation whether more natural such as using senna leaf tea or some other over the counter method to relieve constipation.